This dessert is popular with kids. Because of its high protein content, it can be used as a part protein addition to any vegetarian meal.
2 cups amaranth, boiled in 4 cups of water until tender
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup sultanas (also known as golden raisins)
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch of ground cardamom
- Mix together all the ingredients in a big sauce pan and cover.
- Heat on high to a boil and then reduce to medium
- Simmer gently for about fifteen minutes.
- Pour mixture into one large serving bowl or individual bowls.
- Chill for 1 hour and serve cold.