3 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup organic banana juice
¼ cup sunflower oil
3 large eggs, beaten until smooth
1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
1 cup very ripe mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a big bowl until well-mixed.
- Combine banana juice, sunflower oil, eggs and organic vanilla in a separate bowl until smooth.
- Beat in mashed bananas into liquid mixture until free of any lumps.
- Add the almond flour mixture to the banana mixture.
- Cover with a damp cloth to maintain the moisture.
- Line two 7 by 4 inch-type loaf pans or an equivalent cake pan with baking parchment. Ensure that the baking parchment is flush against the edges.
- Pour in the batter and press down to avoid air pockets.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Check that the cake is cooked thoroughly by inserting a long toothpick into the center to see if it comes out clean. The top should be golden, but not dark brown.
- Turn out onto baking trays to cool. Serve either with butter, cream cheese icing or alone.
My short bio